Scheduling Backup Jobs
The Backup utility can be used in conjunction with the Task Scheduler to schedule backups to take place at regular intervals or during periods of inactivity.
You can schedule a backup using the Backup Wizard as follows:
- On the Completing The Backup Or Restore Wizard page, click the Advanced button.
- Select the backup type, if you need to change it, then click Next.
- Select any options that you want and click Next again.
- Select either to append this backup to any existing backups on the backup media or to replace any existing backups on the backup media, then click Next.
- On the When To Back Up page, click Later, type in a Job Name, and click the Set Schedule button.
- Specify the schedule for the backup job, then click OK.
- Click Next to display the Set Account Information dialog box. Type in the user account and password under which the backup job will run, then confirm the password and click OK.
- Click Finish to complete the wizard.
You can also configure a backup job using the Scheduled Jobs tab of the Windows Backup utility as follows:
- Click Advanced mode, then click the Scheduled Jobs tab.
- Double-click the day you wish to start scheduled backups, or click the Add Job button at the bottom of the Scheduled Jobs window.
- Complete the information for the Backup Wizard.