1. Unauthorised access to computer material.
A person is guilty of an offence if:
- he causes a computer to perform any function with intent to secure access to any program or data held in a computer;
- the access he intends to secure is unauthorized; and
- he knows at the time when he causes the computer to perform the function that this is the case.
The intent a person has to commit an offence under this section need not be directed at
- any particular program or data;
- a program or data of any particular kind; or
- a program or data held in any particular computer.
A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding level 5, on the standard scale or both.