2. Unauthorised access with intent to commit or facilitate commission of further offences.
A person is guilty of an offence under this section if he commits an offence under section 1 above ("the unauthorized access offence") With intent
- to commit an offence to which this section applies; or
- to facilitate the commission of such an offence (whether by himself or by any other person) and the offence he intends to commit or facilitate is referred to below in this section as the further offence.
This section applies to offences
- for which the sentence is fixed by law; or
- for which a person of twenty one years of age or over (not previously convicted) may be sentenced to imprisonment for a term of five years.
It is immaterial for the purposes of this section whether the further offence is to be committed on the same occasion as the unauthorised access offence or on any future occasion.
A person may be guilty of an offence under this section even though the facts are such that the commission of the further offence is impossible.
A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable
- on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum or both; and
- on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years, or to a fine, or both.