Lawful Interception 2
(2) Conduct is authorised by paragraph (1) of this regulation only if -
- the interception in question is effected solely for the purpose of monitoring or (where appropriate) keeping a record of communications relevant to the system controller's business;
- the telecommunication system in question is provided for use wholly or partly in connection with that business;
- the system controller has made all reasonable efforts to inform every person who may use the telecommunication system in question that communications transmitted by means thereof may be intercepted; and
- in a case falling within -
- paragraph (1)(a)(ii) above, the person by or on whose behalf the interception is effected is a person specified in section 6(2)(a) to (i) of the Act;
- paragraph (1)(b) above, the communication is one which is intended to be received (whether or not it has been actually received) by a person using the telecommunication system in question.
(3) Conduct falling within paragraph (1)(a)(i) above is authorised only to the extent that Article 5 of Directive 97/66/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 15 December 1997 concerning the processing of personal data and the protection of privacy in the telecommunications sector so permits.
This is the end of the current section. If you want to revise any of the topics you can navigate to them by using the menu at the left hand side of the page. If you want to return to the home page for this unit, click on the HN Computing logo at the top left of the page. You can also continue to the next topic by clicking the link below.