On completion of this section you will be able to identify and describe the concepts of dynamic memory allocation and linked data structures, explaining their advantages over array data structures.
You should understand all of the following concepts:
- Abstract data types (ADTs)
- Primitive operations
- Memory allocation and dynamic memory allocation
- Understand the concepts of memory allocation and the concepts of node, data elements and links / pointers
- Diagram techniques for representing linked data structures
- The advantages and disadvantages of linked data structures.