Installing the SUS Client
To install the client automatically using Active Directory, carry out the following steps:
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and click Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Right-click the appropriate Organizational Unit and click Properties.
- From the Group Policy tab, click Edit to use an existing group policy object, or click New to create a new one.
- Under Computer Configuration, select Software Settings.
- Right-click Software Installation, point to New, and click Package.
- Locate the WUAU22.msi file and click Open.
- The Deploy Software window appears. Click Assigned, then click OK.
Once you've installed the Automatic Updates software, you can configure the settings using the software interface on the client or through a Group Policy Object.