DF9M 34: Client Operating System
This Unit is designed to introduce candidates to the issues involved in installing and administering a client operating system. It is intended for candidates undertaking an HND in Computing, Computer Networking or a related area who require a broad knowledge of client operating systems.
On completion of the Unit candidates should be able to:1. Install a client operating system.
2. Implement and administer resources.
3. Implement, manage and troubleshoot hardware devices and drivers.
4. Monitor and optimise system performance and reliability.
5. Configure and troubleshoot the desktop environment.
6. Implement network protocols and services.
7. Implement, monitor and troubleshoot security.
Credit value: 2 HN credits at SCQF level 7: (16 SCQF credit points at SCQF level 7)
Recommended prior knowledge and skills: Access to this Unit will be at the discretion of the Centre. There are no specific requirements but candidates would benefit from knowledge of computer hardware and software. This may be demonstrated by the possession of HN Units such as DG0K 33 Hardware Concepts and DF9L 33 Operating System Concepts.