DIVA Launches Digital Home Technologies Skills Forum
On 6 June 2006, DIVA held the first Skills Forum for Digital Home Technologies.
The purpose of the forum is to look at the implications of the 'connected home' and 'connected office/public building' for courses and awards in the Construction, Building Services and Electrical areas.
Specific objectives are:
- To gain a clear picture of skill requirements for installation and servicing of the 'connected home' etc.
- To identify which trades should be targeted.
- To determine what level of learning offering and awards will be required.
- To look at partnership requirements for developing appropriate offerings.
- To agree next steps for taking action.
Attendees at the first meeting included representatives from:
- Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT)
- CITB-Construction Skills
- Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA)
- Custom Electronic Design & Installation Association (CEDIA)
- Laing O'Rourke
- Scottish Electrical Charitable Training Trust (SECTT)
- Scottish Enterprise
- Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA)
- Stow College
This will be extended, with a number of other organizations expressing interest in participation.
A further meeting is planned for the autumn. For further information, please contact: email@example.com.