Contact Centre Operations
Welcome to the subject homepage for SVQs in Contact Centre Operations, you will find information relating to the structure of each award, assessment guidance and candidate portfolios (including the National Occupational Standards (NOS)). We hope that you find this information interesting and useful.
Please note that there is also a feedback form which gives you the opportunity to send us your comments and views on the standards, the qualification structures and the range of guidance currently available for the SVQs in Contact Centre Operations.
The SVQs in Contact Centre Operations are intended for people working in a wide variety of job roles within a contact centre.
These people may be working as contact centre operators, contact centre agents, team leaders etc. The skills and knowledge required for these occupations can be grouped into two sets:
- Customer service skills covering the way in which operators/agents and team leaders relate to people and understand the organisation’s preferred approach to customers
- Specific product and service knowledge and skills relating to what the organisation offers and how its delivery systems work.
The SVQs are designed to be assessed in the workplace. The types of workplace can be varied and while they can also vary in size, it is generally accepted that a contact centre will have a minimum of ten staff directly involved in the customer contact process.
Revised SVQs in Contact Centre Operations
The National Occupational Standards and SVQ structures for Contact Centre awards have been revised. SQA offers the SVQ 2 in Contact Centre Operations at SCQF level 5 and the SVQ 3 in Contact Centre Operations at SCQF level 6. These awards were accredited on 14 March 2012 and will lapse on 31 March 2017.
- SVQ 2 Contact Centre Operations at SCQF level 5 GF05 22
- SVQ 3 Contact Centre Operations at SCQF level 6 GF06 23
More detail on the qualifications is shown in the sections below.
Where can you take this course?
Qualification content and delivery tools
Information about the qualification(s)
National Occupational Standards
Unit information for this qualification is available on our Accredited Qualification Unit Search.
Candidates Recording Forms 2012 awards (including NOS and evidence requirements)
Candidate Recording Forms for 2012 awards
SVQ 2 Contact Centre Operations
SVQ 3 Contact Centre Operations
Information about delivery, assessment, quality assurance and support material
Assessment Strategy for 2005 awards
Assessment Strategy for 2012 awards
Assessor Guidelines for 2005 awards
- Assessor's Guidelines - Contact Centre Operations at Level 1 and 2 (670 KB)
- Assessor's Guidelines - Contact Centre Professionals Levels 3 and 4 (686 KB)
Assessor Guidelines for 2012 awards
Candidate Guidance and Portfolio
- Guidance for candidates starting an SVQ (626 KB)
- Candidate Portfolio A4 Cover (118 KB)
- Candidate blank recording forms (616 KB)
Candidate Recording Forms for 2005 awards
- Candidate Guidance and Portfolio - Introduction (272 KB)
- Candidate disclaimer for SVQ Portfolio (154 KB)
- Candidate disclaimer for SVQ Portfolio (22 KB)
- Evidence Requirements - Imported Units for Contact Centre Professionals levels 3 and 4 (248 KB)
- Unit Grid (253 KB)
- Glossary (224 KB)
Contact Centre Operations Level 2
- DL7C 04 - Customer Care 2 (96 KB)
- DL7R 04 - Develop Personal and Organisational Effectiveness 2 (90 KB)
- DL7W 04 - Remote Support for Products or Services 2 (87 KB)
- DL8H 04 - Interpersonal and Written Communication 2 (82 KB)
- DM6T 04 - Contact Centre Systems and Technology 2 (81 KB)
- DM6V 04 - Direct Selling and Customer Acquisition in Contact Centres 2 (87 KB)
Contact Centre Operations Level 3
- DL7D 04 - Customer Care 3 (99 KB)
- DL7V 04 - Develop Personal and Organisational Effectiveness 3 (92 KB)
- DL7Y 04 - Remote Support for Products or Services 3 (90 KB)
- DL8D 04 - Health and Safety in ICT and Contact Centres 3 (86 KB)
- DL8J 04 - Interpersonal and Written Communication 3 (85 KB)
- DM6Y 04 - Contact Centre Systems and Technology 3 (93 KB)
- DM70 04 - Direct Selling and Customer Acquisition in Contact Centres 3 (95 KB)
- DM71 04 - Performance Management 3 (94 KB)
- DM72 04 - Staff Resource Planning for Contact Centres 3 (95 KB)
SQA would welcome your views, comments or feedback on the standards, qualification structures and guidance for SVQs in Contact Centre Operations. Please find below a form for your feedback:
- Feedback Form (34 KB)
Please send your feedback to: email@example.com