SVQ IT Users
SVQs for IT Users (ITQ) are available at SCQF levels 4, 5 and 6. They have been developed by e-skills uk and are intended for people in any occupational area requiring the regular use of Information Technology (IT) as part of their jobs.
Important information: As of 1 September 2016, all SVQs with an established SCQF level no longer include the SVQ level in their titles. Please note that our web pages and documents will gradually be updated over time as the SVQs are reviewed, so may still contain the existing titles. More information on SCQF levels can be found on our SCQF web page.
- An up-to-date IT User qualification based on the National Occupational Standards, tailored to the needs of businesses and their staff.
- Revised IT User NOS signpost opportunities for naturally occurring core skills in Information Technology, Communication, Numeracy, Problem Solving and Working with Others.
Flexibility of approach
In response to sector, employer and learner needs.
- for sectors, to tailor and contextualise IT training both to reflect the increasing diversity of job roles and the use of specific systems and software
- for employers, to ensure skills application and development enables practical exploitation of the potential of IT for business improvement
- for learners, to ensure they are equipped with the appropriate skills to support their personal or career development.
Flexibility of content
To stimulate and inspire new learning and support progression, the ITQ offers a range of solutions varying in:
- size, from taster courses and bite-sized Units to full-time programmes of study
- level of complexity, from SCQF levels 4 to 6
- content, incorporating a range of options for different IT systems and applications.
Flexibility of assessment method
As appropriate to the individual and the Unit, which minimises the assessment burden for learners. The ITQ can therefore accommodate both:
- electronic testing, using simulation, tests and tasks
- portfolio-based evidence, demonstrating the application of skills, knowledge and understanding.
News and Announcements
NPA in Doing Business Online
SQA offer the first National Qualification in the EU relating to internet safety. The new qualification (F0H5 10 Internet Safety) is intended for anyone who regularly uses the internet and wants to protect themselves while they're online.
Centres without devolved authority require to come forward for approval and should contact SQA’s Business Development Team for guidance.
Assessors and verifiers must be able to meet SQA’s general requirements for technical/occupational competence as outlined in theSystems and Qualification Approval Guide (510 KB).
Where can you take this course?
Qualification content and delivery tools
Information about the qualification(s)
National Occupational Standards
Unit information for this qualification is available on our Accredited Qualification Unit Search.
Information about delivery, assessment, quality assurance and support material
- ITQ Assessment Strategy (141 KB)
Blank Recording Forms
Candidate Guidance and Portfolio
- Guidance for candidates starting an SVQ (626 KB)
- Candidate Portfolio A4 Cover (118 KB)
- Candidate blank recording forms (616 KB)