Business Improvement Techniques
Welcome to the subject homepage for SVQs in Business Improvement Techniques at Levels 2 and 3.
The competitive nature of today's business environment means it's essential that the workforce is fully equipped with skills and competences. Staying one step ahead of the competition also means that employers and employees have to work continually to improve their ways of working.
The SVQs in Business Improvement Techniques:
- are designed to improve business performance as a whole by empowering staff
- are intended to improve company profits by the elimination of waste and reduction of overheads
- are based on the latest national occupational standards
- improve business activity by applying continuous improvement methods
- improve overall business performance by maximising profits, while reducing costs
To find out more information about a specific qualification, please follow the relevant link below:
- Business Improvement Techniques (Process Improvement) at SCQF Levels 5 & 6
- Business Improvement Techniques (Quality Improvement) at SCQF Level 5 & 6
The SVQs in Business Improvement Techniques (Process Improvement and Quality Improvement) are now in their lapsing period. The SVQs at SCQF level 5 will finish on 31/03/2019 and the SVQs at SCQF level 6 will finish on 31/03/2021. Please refer to the qualification structure section for further information.
Important information: As of 1 September 2016, all SVQs with an established SCQF level no longer include the SVQ level in their titles. Please note that our web pages and documents will gradually be updated over time as the SVQs are reviewed, so may still contain the existing titles. More information on SCQF levels can be found on our SCQF web page.Offer this qualification