SQA Certificates in ESOL for Work
Entry 3 and Level 1 (QCA Accredited)
SQA’s Track Record in Work-based ESOL
SQA operates in over 100 countries and been successfully delivering work-based ESOL qualifications to learners preparing for, or already in work since 2003.
SQA’s New Certificates in ESOL for Work
“We chose to go with SQA for several reasons. Firstly, the SQA ESOL for Work qualification can be taught and assessed in the workplace...Secondly, the qualification is very flexible and can be tailored to meet employers’ and employees’ language needs.”
Anna Marshall, Head of ESOL, Cirencester College
View the Case Study (191 KB)
Using this experience in work-based ESOL SQA has developed the Certificates in ESOL for Work at Entry 3 and Level 1 to meet the criteria set out by the Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills (DIUS). SQA's ESOL for Work qualifications are now accredited by QCA for learners, employers, colleges and training providers in England and will be funded as listed qualifications.
Key Features of SQA’s New Certificates in ESOL for Work
- On demand pass/fail assessment - when the learner is ready. There is no fixed time scale for achieving each outcome and the evidence may be produced at different points throughout the Unit, or towards the end of the Unit when candidates will have had the opportunity to build language skills
- Reassessment at no extra charge
- Assessment exemplars provided by SQA – internally assessed by tutor and a sample externally verified by SQA
- Assessment exemplars can also be tailored by the tutor to meet the specific language needs of the business as they arise
- Broad range of assessment tasks can be delivered separately or integrated to assess all four skills together
- Learning and assessment in the workplace or in the learning centre/college
- Flexible delivery – can be planned to meet differing employer shift patterns
- Visits and support from Customer Support Manager as required to ensure the smooth running of SQA qualifications in your centre
- Comprehensive teaching & learning tutor support pack containing paper based and e-enabled support materials and CDs for tutors and learners, guidance on occupation-specific assessment and detailed references to related web links/published materials, in particular English in Action from Tribal CTAD.