2015 Star Award Nominations
Who are your stars of 2015? - Tell us today - nominations are now open
The awards ceremony will take place in November.
This year's star award categories are for:
- School Candidate of the Year
- College Candidate of the Year
- SQA Champion
- SQA Scottish Vocational Qualifications Champion
- Training Organisation Candidate of the Year
- Lifelong Learning (Candidates)
- Lifelong Learning (Centres)
- Academic Excellence
- Partnership of the Year
- Appointee of the Year
- Nominee of the Year
- Centre of the Year in the Wider UK & Ireland
- International Award
What the Star Awards are about
- We want to recognise candidates who have faced up to their own particular challenges or have put their qualifications to good use.
- We want to salute centres that have made sure their candidates are not only well supported, but also well-positioned to use the qualifications they have gained.
- We want to reward excellence by individuals and establishments alike, across all sectors of education and training - schools, colleges, training organisations, businesses and others too.
Benefits of winning a star award
- Substantial public relations opportunities and media interest will be generated by SQA for all award winners, locally and nationally. You will also receive pictures of the ceremony to help generate local public relations with candidates, parents, lecturers/teachers, employers and your local community.
- Winners in individual candidates' categories receive a prize and a trophy.
- All centre winners will be able to display a special Award Ceremony winners logo on their corporate stationery, website and signage.