2014 Star Award Nominations
Nominations are now closed and the panel are judging submissions.
Well done and thank you to those who have already submitted your nominations. We are delighted to receive each and every one of them knowing that every success story is the result of motivation, commitment, pride, self-esteem and, of course, sheer hard work.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted shortly.
The awards ceremony will take place in November.
This year's star award categories are for:
- School Candidate of the Year
- College Candidate of the Year
- SQA Champion
- Training Organisation Candidate of the Year
- Lifelong Learning (Candidates)
- Lifelong Learning (Centres)
- Academic Excellence
- Partnership of the Year
- Appointee of the Year
- International Award
- Sustainable Development Educator of the Decade
What the Star Awards are about
- We want to recognise candidates who have faced up to their own particular challenges or have put their qualifications to good use.
- We want to salute centres that have made sure their candidates are not only well supported, but also well-positioned to use the qualifications they have gained.
- We want to reward excellence by individuals and establishments alike, across all sectors of education and training - schools, colleges, training organisations, businesses and others too.
Benefits of winning a star award
- Substantial public relations opportunities and media interest will be generated by SQA for all award winners, locally and nationally. You will also receive pictures of the ceremony to help generate local public relations with candidates, parents, lecturers/teachers, employers and your local community.
- Winners in individual candidates' categories receive a prize and a trophy.
- All centre winners will be able to display a special Award Ceremony winners logo on their corporate stationery, website and signage.