Subject Working Groups - Registration of Interest
If you are interested in helping us to develop the next generation of National Qualifications, please take a few minutes to read this information then complete and submit the ‘Registration of Interest’ form.
- 2014 / 2015 - Advanced Higher Assessment Support Materials
- 2014 / 2015 - National 2 Freestanding Units
The prime role of the SWG member is to participate in producing materials in connection with new/revised Curriculum for Excellence qualifications. To ensure materials are developed to agreed technical requirements, quality standards and timescales, there will be a requirement for the SWG member to be actively involved in a number of meetings; these meetings could be face-to-face, on-line, video or telephone conference. In addition, SWG members will be required to work collaboratively using web-enabled software.
Release compensation will be paid to employers when SQA activities are undertaken in ‘employers’ time. Expenses will also be paid to the individual. Fees will only be paid for activities undertaken in ‘own’ time. It is anticipated that the bulk of the work will be carried out in members’ ‘own time’.
Who can apply?
Teaching professionals who:
- have recent experience of delivering National 2 or Advanced Higher level national qualifications in an SQA-approved centre, an Institution of Further/Higher Education or other learning provider
- can demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be able to engage positively with all members of their team
- can communicate confidently, effectively and professionally with others in the SWG, stakeholders and SQA staff both orally and in writing
- can work co-operatively and professionally with other appointees and SQA staff, taking and providing feedback as appropriate
- can demonstrate excellent organisational and administrative skills with an ability to meet deadlines
National 2 Freestanding Units
We are also keen to receive registrations of interest for Subject Working Groups from specialists who regularly work with qualifications at this level. Applicants need not make reference to a particular subject area unless they have a particular interest or expertise in the subject at National 2 level, and/or delivering the new National 2 qualifications.
SQA Reference Procedure
SQA requests that applications for Subject Working Group members are accompanied by two references. One of these must be from your Head of Centre/ Employer or professional colleague if you are self employed.
A copy of our reference request form (74 KB) is available to download.
Is there anything I specifically need?
Yes. We need you to have home access to PC or laptop. The computer specifications/requirements are:
- Internet Access/Connectivity – Broadband
- Personal e-mail account
- You will need the following computer specifications/requirements: PC with Windows Internet Explorer 8.0 enabled as an optimum