An Invigilator undertakes the duties of invigilation for the external assessment of National Qualifications, in accordance with SQA policy and procedures.
These activities will be under the direction of the Chief Invigilator and/or Depute Chief Invigilator.
Outline of duties
- Attend a training session
- Supervise external assessments to ensure candidates have the appropriate assessment materials provided by SQA
- Responsible for ensuring that external assessments, including those for assessment arrangements candidates are carried out in accordance with SQA’s policy and procedures
- Responsible for the accurate recording of candidate attendance on attendance registers and where appropriate report to the Chief Invigilator any anomalies during the external assessments
- Assist with the collation of the candidates’ answer books and other work for submission to SQA
In accordance with SQA’s guidelines complete comprehensive reports on any irregularities in conduct of an external assessment, for example:
- Any incident concerning possible malpractice
- Any issue concerning the content of a question paper
- The un-authorised removal of a question paper or examination material from the examination room
- Faulty Question Papers
- Faulty Digital Question Paper discs
- Faulty Audio CDs
- Any instances of sickness, interruptions or disturbances during an assessment