A Translator translates assessment materials, and if required, candidate scripts, into the specified language, in accordance with SQA policy and instructions, including the SQA publication ‘Gaelic Orthographic Convention’.
These activities will be under the direction of staff from SQA’s Qualifications and Operations business directorates as appropriate.
Outline of duties
- Translate materials into the specified language and/or
- Proof check typeset materials to ensure accuracy of transcription
Successful candidates must:
- Be fluent in Gaelic and English
- Be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of the subject matter
- Be able to demonstrate excellent translation skills and apply the GOC policy
- Be able to communicate confidently, both orally and in writing and provide constructive feedback
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to adhere to deadlines
- Have a home computer or laptop with Broadband internet connection and a private e-mail address
Successful candidates should:
- Be able to demonstrate a proven track record in translation
Key Performance Measures for Translators
Each year, on completion of the duties outlined in the Translator contract specification, the Translator will be measured against the following key performance measures and informed of the outcome in relation to their performance in that year.
- 1Complete duties within agreed timescales as per events calendar
- Quality Assure translation materials for external assessment in accordance with SQA policy and instruction
- Positive engagement with all members of SQA staff