Approval - becoming an SQA Centre
SQA qualifications can be delivered and assessed in various types of organisation, following approval to become an ‘SQA approved centre’. The main categories of SQA centres are:
- training providers whose purpose is the delivery of training and assessment of candidates
- employers who offer training to their staff
SQA approved centres can potentially deliver and assess any of our qualifications.
There are two types of approval:
- approval as an SQA centre and to offer specific qualifications (new centre approval - forms will be sent out by SQA, see contact details below)
- approval to offer specific qualifications (existing centre approval)
- Qualification Approval Application Form
- Supporting Document:Staff Qualifications and Experience(445 KB)
- Site Selection Checklist (672 KB)
- Additional Qualification Support Document(521 KB)
- Partnership Agreement Template (462 KB)
If you are thinking of applying for approval, please contact SQA's Business Development Team (tel: 0303 333 0330, or e-mail: email@example.com) as they will be able to answer any queries you may have about approval, help you through the approval process and tell you about the full range of SQA qualifications we award.
If you are applying to become a new approved centre, forms will be issued to you after you have made your initial enquiry.
We realise you will have your own questions to ask about the approval process. We aim to provide all the assistance we can to ensure that your application for approval is successful. Don’t hesitate to ask as we are here to help. There is no charge for this service and you can request a visit by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.