An Endorsement Auditor undertakes to carry out the external audit process and make recommendations on their readiness to merit an SQA Endorsement in accordance with SQA policy and instructions. The prime role is to participate in the audit of SQA endorsed qualifications/ assessed training programmes and resources to ensure that standards are maintained. These activities will be under the direction of the Customised Awards and Endorsement Manager and staff from SQA’s Specialised Awards and Service directorate as appropriate.
Outline of duties
- Assess the completed applications of organisations applying to SQA for Endorsement from a Management and Quality systems perspective.
- Seek clarification of/additions to evidence provided by the organisations in their application.
- Participate in the preparation of external audit visits and support organisations as required.
- Carry out endorsement auditor visits and/or participate in postal endorsement audit as required.
- Complete reporting documentation as required by SQA in accordance with timescales.
- Assist Customised Awards and Endorsement staff with policy and specific audit enquiries from organisations, and SQA officers.
- Deliver and participate in Endorsement and Audit training events
- Complete audit CPD and submit to SQA as required
- Additionally, Endorsement Auditors may be asked to undertake the following activities. These activities will attract additional payment.
- Participate in SQA organised events where Endorsement Auditor input is required
- Participate in prior audit of organisations internally devised instruments of assessment as required.
- Contribute to the Understanding Standards activities
Successful candidates must:
- Be able to demonstrate up-to-date knowledge and a high level of expertise in Audit and Management and Quality Assurance criteria and systems
- Be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be able to engage positively with others
- Be able to communicate confidently, effectively and professionally with organisation and SQA staff both orally (at briefings and meetings) and in writing (reports)
- Have a home computer or laptop with Broadband internet connection and a private email address
Successful candidates should:
- Be able to work co-operatively and professionally with other organisation and SQA staff
- Be able to demonstrate excellent organisational and administrative skills with and provide an attention to detail
- Have an in-depth understanding of all documentation, duties, tasks and procedures associated with Audit and Management and Quality Assurance criteria and systems
- Hold a current clean driving licence
- Hold or be working towards a recognisable Quality or Audit qualification
Key Performance Measures for Endorsement Auditor
Each year, on completion of the duties outlined in the Endorsement Auditor contract specification, the Endorsement Auditor will be measured against the following key performance measures and informed of the outcome in relation to their performance in that year.
1. Complete Endorsement Auditor training where appropriate
2. Complete organisations visits within conditions and timescales for SQA
3. Complete assessment of organisations applications within conditions and timescales for SQA
4. Complete Endorsement Auditor reports as per SQA quality standard and within agreed timescale
5. Positive engagement with organisations staff and SQA centre’s personnel
6. Submit audit CPD record within agreed timescales where appropriate