We have redesigned SQA.org.uk, based on user feedback, to make it easier to navigate and to allow different kinds of users to find what they are looking for more easily.
As part of this work, we completed an information architecture (IA) review to try to simplify the structure and improve the routes to content we provide.
Teachers, Co-ordinators, students and training providers have all been involved in usability testing to make sure the service meets their needs.
Key improvements we have implemented include:
- Customisable home page – allowing users to arrange content to suit their needs.
- New primary navigation tabs such as ‘I am a…’ and ‘how do I…’ to help users find what they’re looking for more easily.
- New subject search allowing users to search across our entire portfolio, with results incorporating SCQF level.
- Creation of a new ‘Qualifications’ area where all qualification types are brought together.
- New candidate content and services including study guides and mobile timetable builder application.
- Completely restructured NQ subject content to deliver qualification specific information on a single page.
A detailed ‘how to’ guide for the site is available in our Site Help pages.
These changes are part of our ongoing programme to improve the service we provide to visitors of the site. We are currently planning additional improvements to further enhance the service.
If you have any comments, suggestions or feedback, please contact us at email@example.com