SVQ Level 2 Frontline Environmental Services in Waste Management
Award code: G9PV 22
The waste management industry is increasingly influenced by government priorities and by the need to manage waste sustainably.
Because of this, SQA has worked with Energy and Utility Skills (a sector skills council) and with employers to develop and provide this SVQ. We have designed it to meet the needs and expectations of the waste management industry.
This SVQ is designed to:
- provide a practical, hands-on qualification for anyone employed in frontline services in the waste management industry
- be open to people of all ages and at any stage in their career
- be a very flexible qualification that can be tailored to meet your organisation’s requirements, or to cover a specific job role
- give learners the ability to create a safe and healthy working environment, minimising risk and reducing accidents
- offer progression to Level 3 (supervisory) and Level 4 (management) SVQs in Waste Management
The National Waste Plan, produced by SEPA and the Scottish Executive in 2003, is central to reducing the amount of waste we produce and to increasing our level of recycling. This SVQ is a key part of the plan, providing and certifying the skills and knowledge of the workforce who will carry it out.