A Systems Verifier undertakes to objectively judge SQA centres' compliance against SQA Quality Framework.
The prime role is to work with the QEM team and other SQA staff as appropriate to ensure consistent application of SQA Quality Framework.
These activities will be under the direction of staff from SQA’s HN and VQ Delivery business area.
Outline of duties
- Conduct Systems Verification visits.
- Objectively judge the centre’s compliance against SQA Quality Framework.
- Provide constructive feedback to the centre on the findings of the visit.
- Agree an action plan with the centre for the implementation of any required corrective actions.
- Carry out follow up events to ensure compliance with such plans (either visit or remote)
- Complete reporting documentation as required and submit to SQA in accordance with timescales.
- Participate in System Verifier training events as required.
- Complete CPD and submit evidence to SQA as required.
Successful candidates must:
- Be able to demonstrate up-to-date knowledge and a high level of expertise in SQAs Quality Framework
- Have current experience in judging centre compliance through verification
- Be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be able to engage positively with all team colleagues
- Be able to communicate confidently, effectively and professionally with Head of Centres and /or SQA Co-ordinators and SQA staff both orally (at briefings and meetings) and in writing (reports)
- Have a home computer or laptop with Broadband internet connection and a private email address
Successful candidates should:
- Be able to work co-operatively and professionally with other centre staff and SQA staff
- Be able to demonstrate excellent organisational and administrative skills with and provide an attention to detail
- Have an in-depth understanding of all documentation, duties, tasks and procedures associated with SQA Quality Framework
- Hold a current clean driving licence
- Hold or be working towards a recognisable Quality or Audit qualification
Systems Verifier KPMs
- Complete Systems Verifier training
- Complete scheduled centre allocation of visits within conditions and timescales for SQA
- Complete scheduled central events within conditions and timescales for SQA
- Complete Systems Verifier reports as per SQA quality standard and within agreed timescale
- Positive engagement with all members of the systems team and SQA centre’s personnel
- Submit CPD record within agreed timescales where appropriate