HND Construction Management candidate information
The HND Construction Management focuses on the knowledge and skills required by a technician employed in a construction management role. It covers management principles, and includes a specialist core that embraces the management of construction organisations and human resources, together with basic construction planning and elements of site administration.
You will develop your study, research, analysis, planning and organisational skills. Studying for the HND will also give you responsibility for your own learning and the ability to be flexible and work co‑operatively with others.
Employment and progression opportunities
The HND Construction Management is designed to equip you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to allow you to gain employment in the built environment sector.
Enable candidates to achieve appropriate professional body recognition, in particular but not exclusively, the Chartered Institute of Building.
As with all SQA qualifications, access to the award is at the discretion of the centre. The following recommendations are for guidance only.
Higher National programmes are intended primarily for people who are in, or plan to enter employment. By having achieved at least one of the following qualifications you are likely to benefit more readily from the programme:
- an HNC or NC in a related discipline
- at least one Higher, with supporting passes at Standard Grade Credit in appropriate subjects, which should include Science and/or Technology
- an SVQ in Construction or a related discipline
- those with other entry qualifications who demonstrate a realistic chance of success
- a craft qualification combined with appropriate further study, prior to, or in parallel with, the HNC programme
Other entry qualifications may be accepted, if you can demonstrate a realistic chance of success. Suitable work experience may be accepted for entry, or advanced entry, provided the enrolling centre believes that you are likely to benefit from undertaking the award.