HND Administration and Information Technology candidate information
The HND in Administration and Information Technology can provide progression into employment in a general administrative role within small to medium enterprises in addition to providing opportunities to develop the skills and knowledge required for more specialist posts demanded by larger organisations.
The qualification will allow you to develop: technical and administrative knowledge relevant to current practice; interpersonal skills relevant to an administrative role; personal effectiveness; communication and presentation techniques.
Employment and Progression Opportunities
The qualification consists of a national framework which includes a large variety of options to ensure that provision can be made to match local employer demands.
The IT units provide the underpinning knowledge and skills for a wide range of industry-related qualifications such as PC Passport, MOS and ECDL.
A range of delivery methods offered by centres can give experienced employees the opportunity to work towards this Group Award as part of their continuous professional development.
The HND Administration and Information Technology award may enable progression to a range of degrees in first or second year.
On successful you may be able to apply for membership to:
- Institute of Professional Administrators
- Institute of Administrative Management
As with all SQA qualifications, access will be at the discretion of the Centre. Some examples of appropriate formal entry qualifications are:
- Any two relevant National Courses at Higher together with three Standard Grade Passes at level 3 or above
- An SVQ in Administration at level 2 or 3 or other relevant area • One NQ Higher for entry to HNC and two for HND
- Relevant National Units at appropriate levels (eg Core Skills Units at Intermediate 1 or 2) combined with any of the above.
- Different combinations of relevant National Qualifications, Vocational Qualifications and equivalent qualifications from other awarding bodies may also be acceptable, as would suitable industry standard qualifications at an appropriate level.
Mature candidates with suitable work experience may be accepted for entry, provided the enrolling centre believes that you are likely to benefit from undertaking the award.