SQA/QCF Level 4 Diploma in Professional Financial Advice
Information about the Diploma
The Level 4 Diploma in Professional Financial Advice has been designed by SQA and Calibrand Limited to meet the regulatory requirements of the Financial Services Authority’s Retail Distribution Review (RDR).
All Financial Advisors are required to hold a Level 4 qualification by the end of 2012.
The SQA/Calibrand devised Diploma provides an accessible e-learning platform and a tailored e-assessment solution which meets all of the regulatory requirements and provides a flexible learning and assessment route for candidates and their employers.
Approved by FSA and the Financial Services Skills Council (FSSC), the award is now accredited on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
The Diploma is made up of six individual, mandatory Units and all 6 are required to gain the full Diploma:
- Unit 1 - Financial Services, Regulation and Ethics (158 KB)
- Unit 2 - Personal Taxation (112 KB)
- Unit 3 - Investment Principles and Risk (135 KB)
- Unit 4 - Pensions and Retirement Planning (155 KB)
- Unit 5 - Financial Protection (129 KB)
- Unit 6 - Application of Professional Financial Advice (83 KB)
Each of the Units within the Diploma is delivered electronically through Calibrand’s e-assessment solutions. Units 1 to 5 are multiple choice based examinations and Unit 6 is delivered electronically through an essay style examination which is also assessed electronically.
Who should take this award
Those people who will need to/be most likely to take the full award are:
- Independent Financial Advisers, Financial Advisers, Financial Consultants, Pensions Advisers, Insurance Consultants, Financial Planning Professionals.
Those more likely to undertake some individual units would be:
- All the of above who are ‘part qualified’ plus Financial Planners (back-office), Paraplanners, Insurance agents, insurance Brokers call-centre supervisors, introducers, bank staff etc.
If you are an individual or a company looking to undertake the Diploma, or would like further information about it, please contact Linda Meikle, Qualifications Officer at SQA at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Calibrand’s web site for further information - http://www.calibrand.com
FSA's Retail Distribution Review (RDR)
The FSA's Retail Distribution Review (RDR) aims to raise industry standards by increasing the minimum level of qualification for financial advisers from level 3 to level 4 overall. All current financial advisers who do not meet the overall requirement will need to qualify by the end of 2012.
In order to help Independent Financial Advisers in bridging this gap, Calibrand Limited and SQA has developed the Diploma in Professional Financial Advice.
SQA and Calibrand announce partnership with the Institute of Financial Planning
SQA, in partnership with the Institute of Financial Planning (IFP) and e-assessments solutions provider Calibrand Limited, have announced a working relationship to offer all IFP members the opportunity to study the SQA Diploma in Professional Financial Advice.