Entering a candidate for a Scottish Vocational Qualification
“Entry for a qualification” is the term used to describe the process of sending information to SQA on the qualification a candidate is about to start.
Qualification entry process
follow the file format for entries mentioned in the Guide to Data Exchange
- create the information on your centre's Management Information System (MIS)
- send files via SQA.net/Exchange portal (note - reate link)
- SQA will return a processing report to you giving the number of successful entries processed and details of any unsuccessful entries
- Make required changes to any unsuccessful information on your MIS and send a new file through SQA.net/Exchange (note - create link)
- SQa will return a processing report, as above, for all files processed.
Things to note
- Ensure files are generated in the relevant file format see Guide to Data Exchange (note - create link)
- Ensure that your centre is approved to offer the qualification before making entries
- Ensure any errors are addressed immediately to avoid future problems which could stop a candidate being certificated
- SVQs cannot be certificated within ten weeks of the entry date of the qualification
- completion dates for an SVQ Course can be up to five years from the date of entry but cannot go beyond the finish date of the qualification
- completion date for a unit can be up to two years from the date of entry but cannot go beyond the finish date of the qualification
- do not send entries and results for the same candidate at the same time
- there may be a cost implication for units entered before the SVQ Course
You can find more information regarding SVQs on www.sqa.org.uk/accreditation.