Result a candidate
Once the candidate has been entered for a qualification the next stage of the process is to result them. Entry update is the term used by SQA to describe the process of resulting a qualification and includes withdrawals and fails.
The Entry Update Process
- record the update onto your centres Management Information System (MIS) following the current accepted criteria. For information on this please consult the guide to Data Exchange
- send files to SQA via SQA.net/Exchange
- SQA will return a processing report to you giving the number of successful updates processed and details of any unsuccessful updates
- make required changes to the unsuccessful information on your MIS and send a new file through SQA.net/Exchange
- a processing report will be generated, as above, for all files processed
Things to note
- ensure any errors are addressed immediately to avoid future problems which could stop the certification of a candidate
- Group Awards cannot be resulted. They will automatically be updated on SQA's system and a certificate generated when all the necessary units are entered and updated.
For information on the current accepted results please go to Guide to Data Exchange