NPA in Food Safety Logistics
This National Progression Award (NPA) is a short, concise award which has been developed to allow employees involved in food logistics to gain a recognised qualification. This would not only help them have a better understanding of their job but would also help further their career and provides a good basis for progression to eg a supervisory level role, SVQs or Modern Apprenticeships (MAs) in the logistics sector. In addition, this award would also assist those currently unemployed to update their skills and return to the workplace by making them more employable and flexible.
The transportation of all food (fresh, dry, tinned, frozen, etc) in all types of packaging or unpackaged is a major part of the supply chain/logistics industry. It is important that those involved are not only aware of the transport, storage and distribution requirements of the industry but also the requirements of handling food at the various stages of the process to ensure food safety. This includes not only the handling, packaging, transportation and storage of the food itself but also the personal hygiene of those involved
The NPA is therefore structured as follows:
- Candidates must achieve a total of 3 Units (totalling 18 SCQF credit points)
- The mandatory Unit covering personal hygiene and storage
- Candidates must select one of the following Units
- delivery, loading and unloading
- maintaining safety during transport
- Candidates must also select one of the following Units
- distribution and storage of goods
- transportation of goods
- safety, security and sustainability in the supply chain
As well as progressing within the SCQF, successful candidates would also be able to progress on the ‘Skills for Logistics Professional Development Stairway’.
Where can you take this course?
Qualification content and delivery tools
Assessment Support Packs
Offer this qualification