Health and Social Care
This page lists all qualification information available for Health and Social Care through SPAs, SVQs, HNCs and PDAs.
Please find below information relating to the new Health and Social Care awards.
- Health and Social Care Level 2
- Health and Social Care Level 3 (Adults)
- Health and Social Care Level 3 (Children and Young People)
- Health and Social Care Level 4 (Adults)
- Health and Social Care Level 4 (Children and Young People)
- Leadership and Management for Level 4 Care Services
Health and Social Care Additional SVQ Units
- Level 2 Information Sheet
- Level 2 Units Downloads
- Level 3 Information Sheet (27 KB)
- Level 3 Units Downloads
- Level 4 Information Sheet (21 KB)
- Level 4 Units Downloads
Managers in Residential Child Care Level 4
- Information Sheet (45 KB)
- Assessment Strategy and Guidance (383 KB)
- Standards can be accessed via www.topssengland.net
Archived Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SVQs)
The information and links for the following SVQs are now located under Archived Information:
- Care Level 2
- Care Level 3
- Care Level 4
- Caring for Children and Young People Level 3
- Promoting Independence Level 3
- HNC Social Care
- HND Social Services
- PDA Health and Social Care Supervision
- PDA Health and Social Care: Administration of Medicine
- PDA Health and Social Care: Personalisation in Practice
- PDA Mental Health Peer Support
- PDA Leadership and Management for Care Services
Professional Development Awards (PDAs)
The Practice Learning and Practice Learning (Social Services) Professional Development Awards (PDAs) are designed to provide participants who support or contribute to learning within the wider social services workforce, with the knowledge and skills to achieve the competence and confidence to deliver high quality learner support through the development and critical evaluation of learning opportunities and environments. Delivery of the awards provides a combination of off-the-job and workbased learning.
PDA in Telehealthcare at SCQF level 6
Practice Learning (SCQF level 7)
Practice Learning(SCQF level 9)
Practice Learning (SCQF level 10)
PDA: Promoting Excellence in Dementia Skilled Practice at SCQF level 7
Certificate in Care Services Management (SCQF level 8)
The Certificate in Care Services Management is a Professional Development Award (PDA) and is the result of the revision of the previous PDA in Supervising and Managing Personal Social Services.
This award has been designed to equip existing managers with the skills and knowledge they need, especially critical thinking and a strong value base, but also to prepare candidates in advance for taking on a full management role or supervisory responsibilities.
This award comprises of 64 SCQF credits at SCQF level 8.
Certificate in Supporting Individuals with Autistic Spectrum Disorders (SCQF level 7)
Supporting individuals with Autistic Spectrum Disorders is a new Professional Development Award (PDA) which builds on, and allows professional development opportunities for candidates who have completed the SVQ in Health and Social Care at level 3 and the HNC in Social Care. It can also provide development opportunities for other professionals/carers working with individuals with Autistic Spectrum Disorders. The Units may also be delivered as stand alone and could be used for continuous professional development.
Certificate in Managing the Support of Indivuals with Autistic Spectrum Disorders (SCQF level 8)
Managing the Support of Individuals with Autistic Spectrum Disorders is a new Professional Development Award (PDA). This award was developed to meet the needs of managers and senior practitioners with responsibility for people who work with individuals with Autistic Spectrum Disorders. It can also provide development opportunities for other professionals who manage people who work with individuals with Autistic Spectrum Disorders.
More information on NQ Care can be found in the NQ section of our website which you can access by following the link below or alternatively contact Mary Hainey on 0345 213 5502: