Our National Qualifications in Classical Studies explore the links between the ancient and modern worlds. Covering social, political, moral, cultural, religious and literary dimensions of the classical world, our Courses offer challenging, coherent and enjoyable journeys for learners.
Available at the following levels:
Updates and announcements
- October 2016 subject update (276 KB)
- May 2016 subject update (196 KB)
- October 2015 subject update (303 KB)
- May 2015 subject update (187 KB)
- January 2015 subject update - Advanced Higher (481 KB)
- Classical Studies Subject Update September 2014 (318 KB)
- Special Edition Update June 2014 (152 KB)
- September 2013 update letter
Changes to assessment in National Courses
Following the Deputy First Minister’s announcement that units and unit assessments will be removed from National 5 to Advanced Higher courses, we are strengthening the course assessment to ensure it covers the full content of the course.
Units and unit assessements will be removed as followed:
- National 5 from 2017–18
- Higher from 2018–19
- Advanced Higher from 2019–20
Information for teachers has been posted on the National 5 Classical Studies page.