Our National Qualifications in Business Management develop learners' enterprise skills and attributes by providing them with opportunities to study a range of business and organisational contexts.
Learners develop an awareness of the ways in which society relies on businesses and other organisations to satisfy its needs, and an understanding of how to use business information to interpret and report on overall business performance - in a range of contexts. Learners also gain knowledge and understanding of the impact that external influences have on organisations, such as economic impact and sustainability.
Available at the following levels:
Business Management common questions
Updates and announcements
- October 2016 subject update (353 KB)
- May 2016 subject update (238 KB)
- October 2015 subject update (302 KB)
- August 2015 subject update (National 5 - Higher) (96 KB)
- May 2015 subject update (206 KB)
- January 2015 subject update (Advanced Higher) (491 KB)
- September 2014 subject update (224 KB)
- Special Edition Update June 2014 (152 KB)
- September 2013 update letter
Changes to assessment in National Courses
Following the Deputy First Minister’s announcement that units and unit assessments will be removed from National 5 to Advanced Higher courses, we are strengthening the course assessment to ensure it covers the full content of the course.
Units and unit assessments will be removed as followed:
- National 5 from 2017–18
- Higher from 2018–19
- Advanced Higher from 2019–20
Information for teachers has been posted on the National 5 Business Management page.