Our National Qualifications in Gàidhlig enable learners to read, write, listen and talk in Gaelic for different purposes, audiences and contexts. These Courses develop learners’ understanding of the complexities of language through the study of a range of texts, and to develop their analytical thinking and understanding of the impact of the Gaelic language.
Available at the following levels:
Gàidhlig common questions
Updates and announcements
- October 2016 subject update (162 KB)
- May 2016 subject update (National 3 - Advanced Higher) (130 KB)
- October 2015 subject update (136 KB)
- August 2015 subject update (National 5 - Higher) (90 KB)
- May 2015 subject update (121 KB)
- January 2015 Subject Update - Advanced Higher (179 KB)
- Gàidhlig subject update September 2014 (332 KB)
- Special Edition Update June 2014 (152 KB)
- September 2013 update letter
Changes to assessment in National Courses
Following the Deputy First Minister’s announcement that units and unit assessments will be removed from National 5 to Advanced Higher courses, we are strengthening the course assessment to ensure it covers the full content of the course.
Units and unit assessments will be removed as followed:
- National 5 from 2017–18
- Higher from 2018–19
- Advanced Higher from 2019–20
Information for teachers has been posted on the National 5 Gàidhlig subject pages.