Announcements for English
We are pleased to announce that a Professional Development Workshop will take place during session 2013/14 for Higher English.
This event will take the format of a practical workshop that uses examples of candidates’ work from the 2013 examination diet to develop delegates’ understanding of national standards. All workshops are developed and delivered by subject specialists and provide an opportunity to:
- Network with peers Identify best practice and new ideas
- Provide proof of continued professional development
For further information, or to book a place, please visit www.sqa.org.uk/events
In 2010 SQA held launch events for Intermediate 1, 2 and Higher English across Scotland . The materials that were issued at these events are available to download below.
- Power Point Presentation (450 KB)
- English Folio - Notes of Guidance (58 KB)
- English Folio Authenticity (64 KB)
- Marking Instructions - Higher (56 KB)
- Marking Instructions - Int 2 (55 KB)
- Marking Instructions - Int 1 (54 KB)
- Exemplification 1 (Higher) (28 KB)
- Exemplification 2 (Higher) (24 KB)
- Exemplification 3 (Int 2) (31 KB)
- Exemplification 4 (Int 1) (23 KB)
- Exemplification Marks and Comments (38 KB)
Please note, more exemplification examples with supporting marks and commentaries can be downloaded from SQA Secure. Please conatct your SQA Coordinator for access.
As the introduction of the writing folio has altered the previous weighting of Question Papers at all levels, the calculation of estimates is more complicated.
The conversion calculator will allow you to input figures at the appropriate level (select from the drop down menu) and have them converted to a mark out of 100 in each case.