Our National Qualifications in Lifeskills Mathematics support numeracy and are designed to develop learners’ mathematical reasoning skills for learning, life and work. These Courses develop confidence and independence in handling information and mathematical tasks in both personal life and in the workplace. The Courses motivate and challenge learners by enabling them to think through real-life situations involving mathematics.
Available at the following levels:
Common Questions from Teachers and Lecturers
Lifeskills Mathematics CPD Event Presentations
The following presentation was delivered at recent CPD events in session 2013/14 for National 3, 4 and 5 Courses. It can be used by Nominees to help cascade information to colleagues in their school, college or Local Authority. Equally, anyone delivering these new National Courses may find the contents of help in understanding the standards required.
The following document was also referred to at the event:
Updates and announcements
- October 2016 subject update (287 KB)
- May 2016 subject update (National 3 - National 5) (229 KB)
- March 2016 National 1 and National 2 update (141 KB)
- October 2015 National 3 to Advanced Higher update (351 KB)
- August 2015 National 3 to Higher update (173 KB)
- May 2015 National 3 to Higher update (199 KB)
- September 2014 National 3 to Higher update
- September 2014 National 1 and National 2 update (375 KB)
- Special Edition Update June 2014 (152 KB)
- September 2013 National 1 and National 2 update
Changes to assessment in National Courses
Following the Deputy First Minister’s announcement that units and unit assessments will be removed from National 5 to Advanced Higher courses, we are strengthening the course assessment to ensure it covers the full content of the course.
Units and unit assessments will be removed as followed:
- National 5 from 2017–18
- Higher from 2018–19
- Advanced Higher from 2019–20
Information for teachers has been posted on the National 5 Lifeskills Mathematics page.