National 3 Gàidhlig
The National 3 Gàidhlig Course develops learners' ability to understand, analyse and evaluate texts in the contexts of literature, language, media and culture, and to create and produce texts. Learners develop knowledge of Gaelic cultural heritage and the cultural heritage of others.
Updates and announcements
- May 2016 subject update (National 3 - Advanced Higher) (130 KB)
- October 2015 subject update (136 KB)
- August 2015 subject update (National 5 - Higher) (90 KB)
- May 2015 subject update (121 KB)
- January 2015 Subject Update - Advanced Higher (179 KB)
- Gàidhlig subject update September 2014 (332 KB)
- Special Edition Update June 2014 (152 KB)
- September 2013 update letter
This explains the overall structure of the Course, including its purpose and aims and information on the skills, knowledge and understanding that will be developed.
These provide an outline of what each Unit will cover within the Course and detail the Outcomes and Assessment Standards.
Advice and guidance
Course and Unit Support Notes
These provide advice and guidance for teachers/lecturers on learning, teaching and assessment within the Course and its Units.
Past Papers and Marking Instructions
Unit Assessment Support
These documents contain details of Unit assessment task(s), show approaches to gathering evidence and how the evidence can be judged against the Outcomes and Assessment Standards. Teachers/lecturers can arrange access to these confidential documents through their SQA Co-ordinator.
Understanding Standards materials
We are publishing examples of candidate evidence with commentaries as part of our Understanding Standards programme. These materials are for teachers and lecturers to help them develop their understanding of the standards required for assessment. As these materials become available, they are being published in the following locations:
- Available from our secure website Materials relating to Unit assessment, internally assessed components of Course assessment, and externally assessed components of Course assessment which are subject to visiting assessment. Teachers and lecturers can arrange access to these materials through their SQA Co-ordinator.
- Available from our Understanding Standards website Materials relating to externally assessed components of Course assessment, with the exception of those subject to visiting assessment.
More information on our Understanding Standards programme, can be found on our Understanding Standards page.
Verification and Course Reports
There was no Round 1 verification activity at this level in 2016.
- Gàidhlig Verification Key Messages