National 2 Creative Arts
The National 2 Creative Arts Course enables learners to demonstrate an awareness of the range of creative arts, work imaginatively and develop individual creativity, and communicate thoughts, meaning and ideas through creative work. Learners demonstrate skills in using techniques, processes, materials and media to produce creative work, and use media and technology as part of the creative process.
Updates and announcements
This explains the overall structure of the Course, including its purpose and aims and information on the skills, knowledge and understanding that will be developed.
- N2 Creative Arts Course Specification
These provide an outline of what each Unit will cover within the Course and detail the Outcomes and Assessment Standards.
- Creating Materials for Performance (National 2) Unit Specification
- Developing Skills in Creative Arts (National 2) Unit Specification
- Working with Images, Graphics and Sound (National 2) Unit Specification
- Working with Textiles (National 2) Unit Specification
- Creating Materials for Display (National 2) Unit Specification
Advice and guidance
Course and Unit Support Notes
These provide advice and guidance for teachers/lecturers on learning, teaching and assessment within the Course and its Units.
Past Papers and Marking Instructions
Unit Assessment Support
These documents contain details of Unit assessment task(s), show approaches to gathering evidence and how the evidence can be judged against the Outcomes and Assessment Standards. Teachers/lecturers can arrange access to these confidential documents through their SQA Co-ordinator.
Understanding Standards materials
We are publishing examples of candidate evidence with commentaries as part of our Understanding Standards programme. These materials are for teachers and lecturers to help them develop their understanding of the standards required for assessment. As these materials become available, they are being published in the following locations:
- Available from our secure website Materials relating to Unit assessment, internally assessed components of Course assessment, and externally assessed components of Course assessment which are subject to visiting assessment. Teachers and lecturers can arrange access to these materials through their SQA Co-ordinator.
- Available from our Understanding Standards website Materials relating to externally assessed components of Course assessment, with the exception of those subject to visiting assessment.
More information on our Understanding Standards programme, can be found on our Understanding Standards page.