Assessment in Music Courses
Following our recent engagement with stakeholders — including schools, colleges and practitioners — about a new proposed assessment structure in Music Courses, we would like to confirm that the original proposed weighting (60% performance/40% question paper) in National 5 and Higher Courses will remain. Composing skills will be assessed in Unit assessment.
New Courses in Music Technology (National 3 to Higher)
Following close working with key partners and stakeholders, we are pleased to announce that a new suite of Courses has been developed in Music Technology. The new Courses will complement the new suite of Music Courses, including accommodating opportunities for concurrent delivery. Following publication of final documents in April, SQA and Education Scotland will provide support, advice and guidance on learning, teaching and assessment of the new Music Technology Courses.
Updates and announcements
- October 2016 subject update (304 KB)
- May 2016 subject update (241 KB)
- October 2015 subject update (347 KB)
- August 2015 subject update (147 KB)
- May 2015 subject update (219 KB)
- January 2015 subject update - Advanced Higher (441 KB)
- September 2014 subject update (419 KB)
- Special Edition Update June 2014 (152 KB)
- September 2013 update letter (177 KB)