SQA's functions are to:
- devise, develop and validate qualifications, and keep them under review
- accredit qualifications
- approve education and training establishments as being suitable for entering people for these qualifications
- arrange for, assist in, and carry out, the assessment of people taking SQA qualifications
- quality assure education and training establishments which offer SQA qualifications
- issue certificates to candidates.
Our qualifications include:
- Professional Development Awards (PDAs)
- Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SVQs)
- Customised Awards
- Higher National Certificates and Diplomas (HNC/HND)
- National Qualifications(including Standard Grade, National Units and Courses at Access, Intermediate, Higher and Advanced Higher)
Our annual key objectives, developed with the Scottish Government, are set out in our corporate and business plans which are approved by Ministers. Find out more about our current objectives in our Corporate Plan.