Senior Team Leader - Internal Assessment
A Senior Team Leader is responsible for supporting the Principal Verifier in maintaining national standards for the qualifications within their remit by ensuring that all tasks associated with the quality assurance of internally assessed Units and components of Course assessments are carried out within the conditions, timescales and arrangements set by SQA.
The primary role is to support the Principal Verifier and manage the Team Leaders, in the delivery of external quality assurance for qualifications in the subject area(s) concerned, to ensure that national standards are being consistently applied and maintained.
These activities will be under the direction of the Principal Verifier and staff from SQA’s Operations and Qualification Development directorates as appropriate.
Outline of duties
- Support the quality assurance processes in accordance with SQA policy and specification.
- Deputise for the Principal Verifier as required and support quality assurance activities ensuring that all procedures are conducted in line with SQA requirements.
- Provide leadership and support to Team Leaders involved in external quality assurance events and or Visiting Verification as required.
- Monitor, support and quality assure the work of the Team Leaders.
- Assist SQA in the review of national consistency in relation to internal assessments.
- Assist Assessment & Data Services staff with subject specific enquiries from centres, team members and SQA officers as required.
- Undertake the performance management of activity of the Team Leaders against Key Performance Measures.
- Support SQA with continuous improvement developments
- Senior Team Leaders may be asked to undertake additional activities. These activities could include the following:
- undertake follow up quality assurance activity to resolve outstanding issues
- undertake in-service training
- participate in workshops/seminars/networking events
- undertake quality assurance visits as required
Successful candidates must:
- currently be delivering a Course in the subject area at one or more levels (or a closely-related Course)
- have an in-depth understanding of the requirements across the course levels in the subject area (which may include Higher and Advanced Higher where appropriate)
- have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to engage positively with all members of their team, providing leadership and support as required
- be able to communicate professionally, confidently and effectively; work professionally and co-operatively, with stakeholders, other appointees and SQA staff
- have excellent organisational and administrative skills and provide attention to detail
- have a home computer or laptop with broadband internet connection and a private e-mail address
Key Performance Measures for Senior Team Leader - Internal Assessment
Each year, on completion of the duties outlined in the Senior Team Leader contract specification, the Senior Team Leader will be measured against the following Key Performance Measures (KPMs) and informed of the outcome in relation to their performance.
- Ensure SQA verification activity is carried out within the conditions and timescales set by SQA.
- Train, develop and support members of the team to meet SQA verification activity requirements.
- Monitor team performance to meet SQA verification activity requirements.
- Ensure accuracy and consistency of decisions made by members of the team.
- Ensure reports generated by members of the team meet quality standard.
- Positive engagement with all members of the team through leadership and management of people.
- Positive engagement with all members of SQA staff.
- Positive engagement with all members of SQA Centre staff.