Contract Assessment and Licensing Services
Our Contract Assessment and Licensing Services allows your organisation to have typical awarding body functions. Awarding body functions include: design and develop, quality assure, assess, register and licence qualifications. We would manage this on your behalf, bringing our experience as an internationally recognised awarding body and government approved agency.
This is useful if your organisation does not have the resources or skills in place to manage these functions.
We usually provide these services for non-SQA vocational and professional qualifications offered by external bodies, eg government departments or their agencies. These services may be an attractive solution to organisations who at present manage this function themselves but are willing to consider outsourcing.
Our wide-ranging knowledge and experience allows us to provide expert advice on how your scheme can be enhanced. Contract Assessment and Licensing Services can cover, but are not limited to, the following range of services:
- approval of examination venues, training centres, training material and trainers
- appointment, recruitment and training of examiners, revisers, verification officers, markers, invigilators
- develop and issue syllabus for examination and training, and a manual of practice/code of conduct for delivery of training
- monitoring/verification of training material, training delivery, and examination delivery to ensure standards are met
- process training provider approval appeals
Assessment (examination services)
- delivery via paper based and/or e-assessment routes
- issue results and certificates
- process examination result appeals
- maintain a question bank
- produce examination papers and mark them
- distribute examination material such as question papers and answer sheets
- organise examination venues
- establish and maintain a register of qualified individuals
- the register can be viewed by appropriate authorities
- accept registrations of all qualifications notified by awarding bodies
- respond to written enquiries regarding potential and existing eligible employees
- issue photo security cards from a register
- revalidate cards for candidates - through renewal requests or reassessment, on a frequency determined by the scheme policy
- cards can contain personal details and qualifications with an expiry date
- replace lost or stolen cards
- cards have a range of security features
SQA can provide these standard services to your organisation:
- full customer service support to candidates, centres, employers, and other stakeholders regarding policies and procedures
- range of examination statistical reports
- secure data transfer method
- customer/candidate satisfaction surveys
- data management
If your requirements span multiple services, we can combine different elements and tailor them to your needs. To discuss your requirements further please contact us on 0345 213 5266 or 0345 213 5281.
- Centre Enquiries
- 0303 333 0330
SQA is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.