SQA has been actively engaged with the PACE Partnership. PACE (Partnership Action for Continuing Employment) is the Scottish Government's national strategic partnership framework for responding to redundancy situations. It ensures that public sector agencies respond to potential and proposed large-scale and small-scale redundancies as quickly and effectively as possible.
The partnership, led by the Scottish Government, comprises the national agencies, including Skills Development Scotland, Jobcentre Plus, SQA and COSLA, Scottish Chambers of Commerce, Future Skills Scotland, HM Revenue and Customs; the STUC, and its affiliated Trade Unions; Citizens Advice Bureaux; and Scotland’s Colleges and Universities Scotland.
Skills Development Scotland co-ordinates the national and local level response teams to provide tailored help and support to individuals facing redundancy and identify training activities where appropriate.
In the main SQA’s involvement will be:
- ensuring that potential PACE customers are aware of the PACE service provided by Skills Development Scotland and our partners
- that local partnerships and potential learners are aware of the range of SQA provision that could help them quickly back into the workforce
- that we can support any agencies in tracking candidates that access the PACE offering
For further information download the PACE flyer
SQA is ambitious for Scotland, determined to play a full and committed part in ensuring that the Scottish people and economy benefit from a qualifications system that is all-embracing and delivering and meeting Scotland’s needs.
There are approximately 1,470 centres approved to offer our range of qualifications.
Our qualifications include:
- National Qualifications (including Standard Grade and National Units and Courses at Access, Intermediate, Higher and Advanced Higher levels)
- Skills for Work Courses
- Professional Development Awards
- National Progression Awards
- National Certificates
- Higher National Certificates and Diplomas (HNC/HND)
- Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SVQs)
- Customised Awards
- The Scottish Government
- Skills Development Scotland
- Job Centre Plus
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce
- Scotland's Colleges
- Universities Scotland
- Future Skills Scotland
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- HM Revenue & Customs
SQA/PACE fact Sheet
The Partnership Action for Continuing Employment (PACE) is central to the Government's Economic Recovery Programme, in particular the commitment to provide support to businesses and employees facing redundancy situations. By providing skills development and employability support, PACE aims to minimise the time people affected by redundancy are out of work.
'SQA is committed to participating in the work of the PACE Partnership to ensure that Scotland and its people emerge from the economic downturn in the strongest possible position.'
This webpage will be updated at regular intervals. For further information about the SQA's links with PACE please contact Liam Priest at email@example.com