Resources for Lecturers - New National Qualifications
This page contains key information and useful web links for college lecturers delivering the new National Qualifications.
Read the latest CfE news.
For the latest updates on your Course(s), visit our subject pages and check the ‘Updates and Announcements’ section of your Course page.
You can also sign up to MyAlerts and be notified whenever any web content you are interested in has been added or updated.
Upcoming events and webinars
View our upcoming events
Course information and documentation
Select your subject from our subject menu and choose the relevant level (National 4, National 5 etc.). You will find key Course documents and assessment support materials on your subject page, as well as important updates.
Unit assessment support packs
Our using SQA Unit assessment page contains information on how to use our Unit assessment support packs and develop your own Unit assessments.
You may find the following guidance useful:
- Policy information - guidance relating to the new National Courses and Units
- Recognising Positive Achievement - guidance on arrangements for learners who do not achieve the National 5 Course assessment or National 4 Added Value Unit
- Assessment Arrangements - guidance on arrangements for disabled learners or learners with additional support needs. We also have information on supportive practices for literacy
- SQA Connect - the 'Documents' section contains guidance for centres on Results Services
Where can I find information on the new qualifications and university admissions?
Scottish universities have published policies which outline their position regarding CfE and the new National Qualifications.
- Your questions answered: A guide for Teachers/Lecturers to the new National Qualifications
- A guide for lecturers to the new National Qualifications (698 KB)
- You can also view our guides for schools, parents, learners, universities and employers.
Our Frequently Asked Questions page is also updated on a regular basis.