TVET Systems Services
Barbados: Consultancy to Establish a Quality Assured NVQ Awarding Body within the TVET Council
Name of Client
Technical and Vocational and Training Council, Barbados
Start/ End Date
Aug 2002 - Aug 2007
Advised the Technical and Vocational and Training (TVET) Council, Barbados on the establishment of an Awarding Body for NVQs and the establishment of a quality assured system to register, train and certificate candidates.
- Drafting of statutory regulations, Terms of Reference for the Quality Assurance Committee, staff job descriptions, and clarification of relationships between committees and technical staff.
- Technical Assistance
- Project management / pilot testing
- Policy development
- Institution building – development of institutional capacity to create NVQs; quality assurance; data collection and processing, and certification.
- Development of:
- Centre Approval system
- Management Information Systems
- Quality assurance
- Certification systems
- Assessment procedures
- Internal & external verification procedures
- Devising fee structure for NVQs
- Training of Technical Officers (TVET Council)
- Training of internal/external verifiers
- Piloting of NVQs
- Review and Evaluation procedures