Egypt: Scrutiny & Endorsement of Egyptian Vocational Competence Based Qualifications
Name of Client
Industrial Training Council (ITC)
Start/ End Date
Apr 2010 - Oct 2011
The Industrial Training Council (ITC) has responsibility for the development and awarding of Egyptian Vocational Competence Based Qualifications (EVCQ) in Egypt to meet the pressures of unemployment and the need for international competitiveness in labour force skill levels.
ITC invited SQA to provide scrutiny and endorsement services for 236 EVCQ standards covering 105 vocational trades (for industry, construction and tourism).
- Ensure that the standards are developed in accordance with international best practices
- Ensure that the standards meet the needs of industry and the purposes for which they are developed
- Assist with embedding the standards within Egypt
- Benchmark the standards against European/International standards
- Technical assistance / Consultancy
- Project Management
- Standards and curriculum development
- Technical updating
- Review, endorsement and benchmarking