Institutional Capacity Building Services
Ghana: Establishment of the Industrial Skills Development Centre
Name of Client
Stichting for Technical Education in Ghana
Start/ End Date
Dec 2005 - Dec 2006
The objective of this project was to support the Stichting for Technical Education in Ghana to develop an engineering curriculum and associated delivery materials for a new technical college, and to train trainers in Ghana to deliver the curriculum.
- Carrying out a functional analysis of technical skills requirements in Ghana
- Identifying a curriculum to meet industry needs
- Preparing equipment lists for delivering the technical curriculum
- Preparing curricular support materials for delivering the curriculum
- Training the trainers in Ghana who will deliver the curriculum by offering the SQA qualification – the Certificate in Training Practice
- Providing development and quality assurance support for the delivery of the curriculum
- Investigating the possibility of working with a Scottish college to deliver the curriculum to achieve international recognition.
- Project management
- Identification and analysi. of training needs
- Equipment and resources specifications produced
- Training of trainers
- Development of certification system.