Replacement Certificate Service
- Replacement Certificates
- Verification of qualification
- Course Syllabus
- Credit Value Statement
- £38 - Replacement Certificate
- £38 - Verification of qualification
- £25 - Course Syllabus
- £25 - Credit Value Statement
If you ask for an additional search after your replacement has been issued, you will be charged a new fee of £38.
Any qualifications before 1995 will be provided as a Certified Statement on SQA certification paper.
SQA don't offer the following qualifications so can't provide a replacement certificate:
- City and Guilds
- University degree/certificates or syllabuses
- Local authority sponsored courses such as Manpower or Youth Training Scheme
Verification of qualifications
An authentication is a verification of a candidate qualification/s achievement. A search is carried out on SQA databases, and confirmation is sent to the intended recipient.
Authentications can be confirmed in two ways- by confirmation e-mail/letter or a copy certificate is sent and stamped with the SQA logo.
Confirmation email will include the following:
- Candidate name
- Candidate surname
- Ref number (if applicable)
- Scottish Candidate Number (SCN)
- Qualification achieved
- Year achieved
The copy certificate is posted to the intended recipient or candidate. The certificate envelope will be sealed and may be stamped with the SQA logo (if requested)
The certificate may be in the format of a certified statement, on SQA paper for any qualifications achieved before 1995. For qualifications achieved after 1995, this will be a cumulative list of all qualifications/units achieved to date.
SQA is an Awarding body not a qualification delivery institution (schools, colleges, universities, training provider) therefore we are not able to confirm the following:
- mode of study (full or part time)
- time taken to complete a qualification
Please e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org before proceding with your order.
- These are Higher National qualifications that were examination based, and they outline the course content.
- Syllabuses were taken at Further Education Centres between 1965 and 1993.
- You can download Higher National Unit and National Unit descriptors for continually assessed Courses from the website or order through our Customer Contact Centre: 0345 279 1000 / email@example.com
Credit Value Statements
Continually assessed Higher National units only from 1989 onwards carry SQA credit values, and do not show SCQF points or credits.