Our Cycling Awards equip learners with the skills to check, maintain and ride their cycles safely.
Learners develop awareness of the main safety requirements when cycling, including safety checks, basic maintenance and repair skills, rules, practices and codes of conduct for safe cycling.
These newly-created Cycling Awards help to develop a life-long learning approach to cycling, and encourage learners to include cycling activities as part of a healthy lifestyle. An awareness of the benefits of cycling in respect of sustainability and the environment is also a key focus.
Where can you take this course?
Qualification content and delivery tools
Information about the qualification(s)
Information about delivery, assessment, quality assurance and support material
- SCQF Level 1 Cycling Safely Unit Specification (111 KB)
- SCQF Level 1 Cycle Safety Checks Unit Specification (111 KB)
- SCQF Level 2 Cycling Safely Unit Specification (113 KB)
- SCQF Level 2 Cycle Safety and Maintenance Unit Specification (117 KB)
- SCQF Level 3 Cycle Maintenace Unit Specification
- SCQF Level 4 Cycle Maintenace Unit Specification
Award and Unit Support Notes
Award and Unit Support Notes are available on SQA's Secure Site for this qualification. Your centre's SQA Co-ordinator will have access to these materials. Please approach them for copies.
Delivery and assessment
Centres should ensure that the member of staff responsible for delivery and assessment of this Award, and its component Units, is a competent cyclist. The term 'cyclist' refers to anyone who frequently rides a bike of any form in any context, for example recreational, touring, commuting, competitive riding.