BSL Interpreter (for Appointees)
A BSL Interpreter for Appointees undertakes translations of candidates’ signed communication for Appointees who require such services to carry out their appointee duties, in accordance with SQA policy and instructions.
These activities will be under the direction of staff from SQA’s Operations business directorate as appropriate.
Outline of duties
- Attend preparation meetings as required
- Accompany an Appointee to centres
- Interpret candidates signed communication for the Appointee
- Interpret the Appointee’s feedback for candidates
- Attend annual review meeting as required
Successful candidates must:
- Have the necessary level of competence in British Sign Language
- Be able to demonstrate excellent translation and/or transcription skills
- Be able to communicate confidently
- Have a home computer/laptop with Broadband connection and a private e-mail address