Occupational Work Supervision (Construction)
SQA offers Occupational Work Supervision (Construction) at Level 3.
This SVQ is based on the National Occupational Standards (NOS) set and published by the Sector Skills Council for the sector, Construction Skills.
The standards provide an accurate and detailed definition of what candidates must know, understand and be able to do. This SVQ will enable those working in this sector to develop the knowledge and skills required to demonstrate competence in their job role.
Centres with devolved authority for approval should use their own internal approval process.
Centres without devolved authority require to come forward for approval and should contact SQA’s Business Development Team for guidance.
Assessors and verifiers must be able to meet SQA’s general requirements for technical/occupational competence as outlined in the Systems and Qualification Approval Guide.
Where can you take this course?
Qualification content and delivery tools
Information about the qualification(s)
National Occupational Standards
Unit information for this qualification is available on our Accredited Qualification Unit Search.
Awarding partnership arrangements
This qualification is jointly awarded with CITB-Construction Skills and Scottish Building Apprenticeship and Training Council (SBATC)
This award is also part of the Modern Apprenticeship in Construction-Civil Engineering and Specialist Sector L2
Information about delivery, assessment, quality assurance and support material
- Assessment Methodology Construction Technician (348 KB)
- Consolidated Assessment Strategy for Construction and the Built Environment (35 KB)
- Consolidated Assessment Strategy for Construction and the Built Environment - Annex A (184 KB)
- Consolidated Assessment Strategy for Construction and the Built Environment - Annex B (26 KB)
- Consolidated Assessment Strategy for Construction and the Built Environment - Annex C (88 KB)
|Downloads:||Occupational Work Supervision level 6 (680 KB)|
Candidate Guidance and Portfolio
- Guidance for candidates starting an SVQ (626 KB)
- Candidate Portfolio A4 Cover (118 KB)
- Candidate blank recording forms (616 KB)