New SVQs : Social Services & Health Care and Social Services (Children & Young People)
The first meeting of the Awarding Body Forum for the new SVQs took place on the 30th May 2013.
The discussions included the new Assessment Strategy and Centre approval.
- Assessment strategy – work is underway to develop comprehensive guidance in relation to this document.
- Through the approval process we will monitor the impact of registrable qualifications until we know how many may not have a qualification that would allow them to register.
- If the numbers suggest that the majority have a registrable qualification then everyone will require to have one, there will be a five year lead in period for them to get a qualification.
- All new assessors/verifiers will require a registrable qualification.
- Examples of CPD activities may be included in the guidance.
- It is likely that approval to deliver the new SVQs will be a desk top exercise due to the volume of centres; this has still to be agreed by each of the Awarding Bodies approval departments.
Further updates will follow as the work on the assessment strategy progresses and the process for centre approval is agreed.