In October 2005, the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and Avid signed a three year non-exclusive Memorandum of Understanding to collaborate on enriching the Digital Media Curriculum for Scotland by introduction of new learning resources, course materials and support activities. This partnership is part of SQA’s Digital media and ICT Vendor Alliance (DIVA) Programme.
The Memorandum of Understanding was formally launched in Glasgow on 26 October 2005 by Peter Ramsay, General Manager UK & EMEA, and Hans Venmans, European Product Marketing Manager, for Avid Technology Europe Ltd, with Anton Colella, Chief Executive, and John Young, Director of Qualifications, for SQA.
The agreement covers:
- Investigation of new awards incorporating Avid units.
- Production of training courses for the college sector for use in HN awards.
- Facilitation of ‘train-the-trainer’ and technician training.
- Joint awareness raising activities.
- Participation in Avid education partnership groupings.